Friday, July 27, 2012

Blue Warmth


Instantly there's a calmness that runs through me that I can feel throughout my body,
Like taking a shot of Jameson's.
It's shoving my body off my feet.
Can't get up. Don’t want to.
This blue warmth has encased my body.
I pull more of that warmth over my head and disappear.
The heat radiates off my body and bounces off the blackness.
Underneath, the mattress forms to my shape.
I peek out.
Looking towards that red sand stained rock that lies beside my bed.
I close my eyes and
I hide again when I remember.
Remember getting on the plane that flew me back to reality.
And the plane that flew him to a War that shouldn’t be fought.
The thought makes me want to turn off my brain.
Just for a few hours.
Instead I stretch, covering every inch of the mattress until
Blackness falls over me and I fly back to where I found the red sand stained slab of Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment