Friday, July 27, 2012

Sweltering Summer Day

I experimented with some flash fiction. I got my inspiration from some black and white photography I googled.

Here's the picture that inspired me...





This is what I ended up with...

It had been a sweltering summer day and the evening cooled the earth. The sun was setting on the waves and the hood of the 1960 powder blue Ford thunderbird. All the windows were down and time didn't matter. His titillating cologne had reached her sticky seat and planted itself in her black hair as the breeze blew in from the West. Her blue dress stuck to her for a brief moment then released, going back to its normal shape. When the wind stopped she slid with ease to close the space between them and dissolve the smell of the ocean by breathing in his thin white t-shirt.






No comments:

Post a Comment