Sunday, July 29, 2012

Train Wreck

I started to write this poem when I was waiting for my train to come. I was sitting next to a lady who yelled at her son, who had to be three or four, to "get the fuck back". When I saw this scene, I decided to write...




Train Wreck 

I creep towards the dirty yellow strip. 
"Get the fuck back over here". 
I turn around to the voice of 
My mother. 
Her words make strangers uneasy and 
Turn away. 
But, when they see my eyes they understand. 
Three years ago, when I was closer to her. 
As close as a child can be 
The doctor told her, 
"Make sure to mix probiotics in your juice". 
She mixed vodka. 
The doctor told her, 
"The boy wont survive if you keep this up". 
She didn’t listen but 
I survived. 
"The train is coming you fucking idiot. Come here!" 
Sometimes I wish the doctor won and 
My mother had lost.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome poem! I like your inspiration for this poem. You know the beginning but you've created your own end. You can create a whole backstory that seems so real and believable within just a couple of sentences. Can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete